At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions.
Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person-and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As 'One Phoenix House' we believe in having fun along the way - embracing 'progress not perfection' as our journey continues.
The Administrative Services Office Assistant performs clerical and administrative work in support of the programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as primary receptionist, in-take person and/or administrative contact.
· Serve as liaison between the program and Regional Office to administer personnel, accounting, billing and/or other policies and procedures.
· Maintain computerized and manual admission and discharge systems as directed.
· Enter and maintain data for all computer-based programs on a timely basis as required.
· Identify all clients to appropriate billing source, process billing data in required computer system.
· Perform bookkeeping for petty cash and checking accounts.
· Forward invoices for timely processing.
· Maintain inventory of office supplies.
· Prepare, process and file documents.
· Attend training as directed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
§ Typing accuracy
§ Proficiency in Welligent for tasks assigned.
§ Make accurate arithmetic computations
§ Prepare and maintain complex records and reports
§ Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
§ Follow written and verbal instruction
§ Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
§ Control of financial accounts
§ Be well organized
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Knowledge of recordkeeping and filing methods
· Knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic
· Knowledge of office practices and procedures
· Working knowledge and/or skill in word processing, spread sheets and other computer applications
· Knowledge of rules and procedures of assigned department
· Bi-lingual and bi-cultural, English and Spanish
High School plus two years of experience in administrative office work or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases is possible.
SPECIAL SCHEDULING NEEDS None Noted
Phoenix House requires background checks, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history, reference checks and possibly a medical exam, prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.#exeter
Job Location: Exeter, Ri