At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions.
Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person-and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As 'One Phoenix House' we believe in having fun along the way - embracing 'progress not perfection' as our journey continues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage a specific caseload up to 12 cases and provide individual, group, or family counseling as required.
* Perform client Orientation, Assessments, and Intake functions.
* Provide a balance of clinical, educational, recreational, cultural, and public relations activities as program dictates.
* Provide for the formulation and completion of treatment plans, progress notes, and group notes.
* Collection, Reconciliation and safe keeping of client rent.
* Perform and Document Health and Safety standards within the facility Recovery milieu.
* Use Phoenix House systems, including Welligent Electronic Medical Record, to document notes and activities as assigned.
* Provide "On Call" coverage on a rotating basis.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Knowledge obtained through attainment of certification as required by funding/licensing sources. A plan to achieve certification shall be accepted.
* Skill in group, individual, and family counseling.
* Knowledge of state and federal regulations on confidentiality, contract management, and program administration.
* Knowledge of residential substance abuse treatment modalities as program dictates.
* Ability to develop rapport with substance-abusing populations.
* Ability to work and communicate with others.
* Proficiency in Welligent use.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree Preferred in related field from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Certification/licensure as required by funding/regulatory sources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a substance abuse recovery milieu which may include:
* Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases
SCHEDULING NEEDS Evening, weekend, and/or holiday shifts may be required.
Phoenix House requires background checks, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history, reference checks and possibly a medical exam, prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.#barre
Job ID: 57
Job Location: Barre, VT