Serve as a liaison with hospitals, community referral sources and other stakeholders to facilitate the admission of patients to Phoenix House New Hampshire. Works in partnership with the Clinical Admissions Team to develop and execute a plan to fulfill the fiscal year census projections of Phoenix House New Hampshire. Has working knowledge of Medicaid, Managed Care and traditional healthcare benefits and coverage. Provides support services to the Admissions Department with varying degrees of support to the campus leadership, Vice President, and other requests as directed by immediate supervisor. These responsibilities will include assisting in the planning, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the overall operations of admissions in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director or Administrative Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform client screening, intake, orientation, and assessment functions necessary to complete admission.
· In support of the Director of Nursing, provide supervision and guidance of all nursing staff in accordance with organization policy.
· In partnership with the Director of Nursing, develop and coordinate orientation and training programs for nursing staff.
· Assist in retrospective audits on medical charts.
· Assist in the development of new policies and procedures.
· Provide nursing care to patients.
· Provide shift coverage when necessary.
· Attend meetings and training sessions as assigned.
· In partnership with Director of Nursing, oversee documentation, quality assurance, and utilization review process compliance.
· Utilize Welligent electronic health record effectively and efficiently.
· Review clinical appropriateness of admission
· Complete medication reconciliation on all appropriate admissions
· Coordinate with other program areas and senior management as appropriate according to the organizational structure.
· Demonstrates support for and models teamwork by personally working cooperatively with peers and subordinates towards the achievement of system wide goals and objectives.
· Identify and drive process improvements to improve efficiencies and overall patient experience.
· Works effectively in collaboration with physician leadership partners and all members of the senior leadership team
· Collaborate with other health care professionals in the provision and improvement of patient care.
· Maintains, models, and exemplifies the PHNE "every time behaviors".
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Forward Thinking
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. In the course of performing this job, one typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, carrying, and climbing stairs, lifting up to 15 pounds, listening, speaking, typing, reading, and writing.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or fee; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: stoop, kneel and crouch and lift up to 10lbs.
SCHEDULING NEEDS: Monday - Friday, may require nights, weekends, and holidays as needed and the ability to be available by telephone as needed.
TRAVEL: This position may require travel by car throughout the region and occasional travel outside of the region, as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a substance abuse treatment milieu which may include:
· Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer