the supervision position will report to the NE Regional Director of Real Estate, Plant Operations, EVS and
Vocational Rehabilitation Program and is responsible for supporting the Real
Estate, Facilities, Environmental Services and Safety initiatives set forth by
the Director. This position does require traveling to different site locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with relocation of furniture, electronics, files and materials as needed
· Support the maintenance and installation of communication and I/T equipment related to day-to-day operations.
· Successfully interact with vendors (e.g. communication, planning, and coordination).
· Perform monthly vehicle and facility inspection and maintenance reviews. Arrange for repairs as needed and maintain timely and accurate logs in accord with internal, State, and Federal regulatory requirements.
· Conduct regular monthly site inspections to ensure maintenance issues have been addressed and handled immediately, in consultation, with the Director.
· Manage preventive maintenance of facility equipment.
· Upkeep and maintenance of furnishing, equipment and environment as needed to meet PH standard requirements.
· Complete all phases of repair and remodel of facilities including, painting, small construction projects and general repair and maintenance (list not meant to be all inclusive).
· Emergency repairs as needed
· Upkeep and maintenance of all areas of the environment and facilities to PH standards.
· Janitorial duties as needed
SAFETY & SECURITY MANAGEMENT
· Identify and correct any occupational hazards.
· Regularly inspect relevant building, fire, plumbing, mechanicals, etc., to ensure properties meet code.
· Conduct monthly safety inspections and prepare reports.
· Assist with video surveillance as needed.
· Assist with any security issues throughout facilities if needed.
· Appropriate Boundaries
· Technical expertise
· Time Management
· Effective resource management
· Build and maintain strong working relationships
· State and Federal Code and Regulatory
· Organizational Skills
· Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
· Customer Focus
· Problem Solving and Analysis
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Knowledge as may have been obtained from working in a maintenance capacity
· Knowledge obtained through compliance with Federal and State building code and safety statutes and property management
· Skills obtained through managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
· Skill meeting readiness timelines
· Skill preparing for building and safety audits
· H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years directly related experience, preferably in a clinical environment
· Direct experience operating vocational rehabilitation programs with clients
· Directly related hands-on on experience in a maintenance technology positions
· Knowledge of tools and the ability to both use and instruct others on the correct and safe usage
· Must have prior supervisory experience managing 2 or more staff, developing talent, and reviewing performance
· Experience applying policies and procedures appropriately and working with human resources on policy related matters
· Experience hiring employees in a compliant manner
· Valid Driver's license and ability to provide proof of insurance upon hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: Talk, hear, stand walk, climb, bend, push, pull, grasp, manipulate tools or controls and regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: Lift up to 85lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop-like environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise to varying degrees.
· The work environment described herein is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· The work environment is that of a residential and office environment used for substance abuse treatment.
· Some regional travel will be required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB or other Infectious Diseases is possible.
· This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday - Friday; however, the position requires on-call duty and the ability to respond in the event of a weather event, safety issue or other building and property related occurrences.
· The ability to work a non-standard schedule when/if the need arises.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without prior notice.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of
opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law,
regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with
disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected
under Federal law from discrimination. Click www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.