At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions.
Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person-and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As 'One Phoenix House' we believe in having fun along the way - embracing 'progress not perfection' as our journey continues.
The licensed Practical Nurse provides prescribed medical treatment and nursing care servicesto patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess each patient's individual needs on the basisof assessment and data collection toensure proper admission.
- Implement doctor's orders, monitors specified medication, monitor and record vital signs,and maintain medical/
- Utilize Welligent effectively and efficiently.
- Direct duties of Treatment Assistants.
- Observe patients and document their responses to treatment.
- Communicate with counseling staff on a regular basis regarding patient's progress and treatment plans.
- Discharge patients in accordance with established policy.
- Carry out administrative procedures in compliance with program policies.
- Serve as role model.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essentialduty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skilland/or ability required.
- Knowledge obtained throughattainment of applicable state Nurse'slicense.
- Skill in implementing nursing protocol.
- Skill in patient assessment.
- Ability to assign and direct work.
- Ability to carry out instruction and accurately document medical information.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
Nursing degree from an accredited institution or equivalent combination ofknowledge and experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Valid NH Nurse'slicense.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essentialduties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential dutiesand responsibilities.
REGULARLYREQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger,handle or feel objects,tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop,kneel or crouch andlift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here arerepresentative of those an employeeencounters while performing theessential duties and responsibilities ofthis posi_tion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential dutiesand responsibilities._
The work environment is that of a detoxification facility for substance-abusingpopulations.
- Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases
- Business-related travel
Weekends and holiday hours may be required.
Phoenix House requires background checks, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history, reference checks and possibly a medical exam, prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.#dublin