The Licensed Practical Nurse provides prescribed medical treatment and nursing care services to patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Administer patient medications based on a provider's orders.
· Implement doctor's orders, administer specified medication, monitor and record vital signs, and maintain medical/ nursing records.
· Utilize Welligent effectively and efficiently.
· Direct duties of Recover Support Specialists
· Observe patients and document their responses to treatment.
· Communicate with all staff on a regular basis regarding patient's progress and treatment plans.
· Assist in urgent/emergent situations.
· Follow all COVID-19 procedures.
· Attend meetings and training sessions as assigned.
· Discharge patients in accordance with established policy.
· Communicate with pharmacies, follow-up and transcribe medications as needed.
· Facilitate health groups as needed.
· Carry out administrative procedures in compliance with program policies.
· Serve as role model and adhere to "Every Time Behaviors".
· Perform client screening, searches, complete ROI, UDS and orientation functions necessary to complete admission.
· Act as a liaison between the patients and providers as needed
· Consistently enforce rules and programmatic procedures.
· Maintain RELIAS Learning requirements.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Knowledge obtained through attainment of applicable state LPN license.
· Skill in implementing nursing protocol.
· Ability to assign and direct work.
· Ability to carry out instruction and accurately document medical information.
· Ability to work and communicate with others.
· Knowledge and skill obtained through attainment of current LPN license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, stand, walk, lift, push, pull, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and see, talk and hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a detoxification facility for substance-abusing populations.
Weekends and holiday hours required.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
JOB ID: 203
Job location: Exeter, RI