· Provide psychiatric and/or Substance Use Disorder assessment/evaluations and document evaluation results and recommendations.
· Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of therapeutic and evidence based treatment.
· Discuss and review role of anti-craving medications for relapse prevention.
· Request any necessary laboratory studies on clients as determined by results of screening or assessment.
· Provide individual/group treatment/medication management to clients taking psychiatric medications.
· Discuss case with medical director and/or psychiatrist and licensed clinical team other health to prepare comprehensive client care plan.
· Submits health care plan and goals of individual clients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
· May refer clients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
· Handles crisis intervention needs.
· Knowledge of theoretical and pharmacologic issues related to clinical treatment of common psychiatric disorders.
· Strong competency utilizing the electronic medical record.
· Maintain compliance with all documentation requirements.
· Bill appropriately for all professional services delivered
· Maintain client records to comply with CARF and state licensing standards, using the Welligent Electronic Health Record.
· Meet with clinical supervisor and Director(s) on a regular basis.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Be available 24/7 (accessible) for consultation by telephone with staff regarding psychiatric condition of clients.
deeds, and words, demonstrate Phoenix House values and "Every-time Behaviors"
· Demonstrate empathy and compassion for clients in group and daily interactions.
· Maintain objectivity towards all clients and make clinical decisions based on accurate information.
· Demonstrate appropriate boundaries between staff and clients.
· Work cooperatively with others and supervisors.
· Demonstrate patience and consideration in dealing with others.
· Demonstrate thoughtful decision-making.
· Ensure client confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Communicate regularly with clinical staff regarding special needs for individual residents
· Provide mental health evaluation and monitoring to clients
· Provide health education to residents related to medical and psychiatric issues
· Provides emergency care if on-site when an emergency occurs
· Available by phone to respond to psychiatric emergencies
· Conduct psychiatric and Substance Use Disorder assessment for admission
· Refer patients for specialty care, as needed
· Strong interest in caring for a diverse patient population in an inpatient substance abuse setting.
· Experience and interest in substance abuse and treatment
· Strong desire to act as the role of primary care
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Experience with EMR and Microsoft programs
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Minimum experience: one-year providing high-quality health care to a diverse patient population, preferably within an inpatient setting.
· Strong computer skills, to include electronic health records.
· Experience with substance use disorders preferred
· Bilingual preferred
· Ability to comply with internal, local, state, and federal policies and regulations.
· Ability to assist client population.
· Ability to work and communicate with others.
· Ability to serve as a positive role model to clients.
· Ability to apply organizational management skills and maintain self and client discipline.
· Ability to prepare and maintain required documentation.
· Ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
· Current Nurse Practitioner licensure in the state(s) clients are seen
· Board certification as a PMHNP (Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner)
· ANCC certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner preferred
· Certified in CPR /ACLS
· Current DEA License
· Current x-waiver to prescribe MAT agent(s), or commitment to obtain one within 3 months of hire
· All licenses must remain active and in good standing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feet; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 20
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a substance abuse treatment milieu which may include:
? Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases
? Exposure to clients with significant behavioral, emotional, psychiatric, verbal and physical aggression, and other symptoms that could cause secondary stress in members of the professional team
? Business-related travel
? Regional Travel by automobile as needed
? 24/7 phone accessibility
? PMHNP is required to provide stable and frequent availability to meet the needs for an 83-bed facility.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employee#providence