The Receptionist/Admission Support performs clerical and administrative work in support of the Detoxification and Residential programs on the Exeter Campus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as primary receptionist and/or administrative contact for the program
· Assist Access Team as directed with managing phone overflow, administrative reports and scheduling residential admissions
· Responsible for obtaining patient information, including demographic and referral information via phone, email and fax
· Conduct initial patient phone screens to obtain admission information related to referral process
· Provide and review initial documented referral information to Access team
· Consult with Program Clinical Team and/or Nursing to review potential referrals as needed
· Maintain documentation related to MAP and/or Access Team tools (i.e.: Communication Log, call tracking, etc.) electronically
· Obtain and verify medical insurance, obtain authorizations and other insurance related information.
· Facilitate and verify patient background checks (BCI) and/or additional information related to admission process
· Greet patients, stakeholders, family/friends and/or other visitors and assist to educate patients or others related to admission process and programmatic expectations
· Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of workspace
· Assist with admission process including but not limited to tagging personal belongings, searching personal belongings, administrative paperwork and other process.
· Maintain professionalism with patients and collateral when providing customer service (in person/phone/written).
· Enter and accurately maintain data for all computer-based programs and/or electronic health records on a timely basis as required by state, funding sources and other reporting requirements.
· Assist with discharge process including but not limited to monitoring patients and obtaining patient personal belongings and arranging transportation
· Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely records related to Datis
· Demonstrate empathy, compassion, and respect for clients in all interactions
· Identify all clients to appropriate billing source, process billing data in the Electronic Health Record system.
· Collect patient copays and accurately document collection.
Work cooperatively with others and supervisors.
· Demonstrate patience and consideration in dealing with others.
· Demonstrate thoughtful decision-making.
· Ensure client confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
· Complete all e-learning requirements in a timely fashion
· Perform other duties as assigned.
§ Computer proficiency (Medical Records, Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel)
§ Knowledge of admission guidelines, criteria, policies and procedures.
§ Professional communication and customer service skills.
§ Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
§ Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
§ Demonstrates compassion, empathy and respect for patients and staff in all interactions.
§ Maintains objectivity and appropriate boundaries toward patients, stakeholders and staff through thoughtful decision-making, based upon accurate information.
§ Ensure client confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
§ Ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately and within the required deadlines.
§ Ability to thrive and perform in an ever-changing, fast paced and demanding environment.
§ Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment without direct supervision
§ Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
§ A good listener who has the desire to help people who are struggling with substance use disorder and co-occurring health disorders.
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Knowledge of record keeping, filing methods, and other administrative tasks
· Knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Knowledge of office practices and procedures
· Accountable and dependable
· Bi-lingual and bi-cultural, English and Spanish
High School and preferred a minimum of two years of experience in administrative office work or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· Exposure to clients infected with Hepatitis B, HIV, TB, or other Infectious Diseases is possible.
Job Id: 2
Job Location: Exeter, RI