The Direct Care Staff 1 performs security and maintenance tasks while available to assist residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform security and maintenance tasks as directed.
· Supervise the house and ensure residents are following the schedule and children are safe at all times
· Conduct room checks to ensure rooms meet health and safety guidelines
· Conduct hourly rounds and document who is in house
· Assist Child Coordinator or staff with monitoring in-house children while moms are in groups
· Monitor medications during medication time
· Complete required documentation and records.
· Assist residents as needed.
· Maintain professional relationship with clients.
· Maintain discipline and respond to emergency situations.
· Attend staff meetings as required.
· Assist in coverage as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Ability to comply with internal, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
· Ability to assist client population.
· Ability to work and communicate with others.
· Ability to remain awake for the entire shift
High School degree or equivalent experience and knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
Must remain awake for entire shift.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a substance abuse treatment milieu which may include:
SCHEDULING NEEDSWeekend and/or holiday shifts may be required.
Phoenix House requires background checks, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history, reference checks and possibly a medical exam, prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more