The Registered Nurse provides prescribed medical treatment and nursing care services to patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assess each patient's individual needs on the basis of assessment and data collection to ensure proper admission.
· Implement doctor's orders, administer specified medication, monitor and record vital signs, and maintain medical/ nursing records.
· Utilize Welligent effectively and efficiently.
· Direct duties of Recover Support Specialists
· Observe patients and document their responses to treatment.
· Communicate with counseling staff on a regular basis regarding patient's progress and treatment plans.
· Discharge patients in accordance with established policy.
· Carry out administrative procedures in compliance with program policies.
· Serve as role model.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Knowledge obtained through attainment of applicable state Registered Nurse's license.
· Skill in implementing nursing protocol.
· Skill in patient assessment.
· Ability to assign and direct work.
· Ability to carry out instruction and accurately document medical information.
· Ability to work and communicate with others.
Nursing degree from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
Valid RI Registered Nurse license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
REGULARLY REQUIRED: to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED: to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
The work environment is that of a detoxification facility for substance-abusing populations.
Weekends and holiday hours required.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.